Friday, February 17, 2012

My Fear[s] of clowns:

Let me begin by saying I enjoy horror movies. They are all in good fun, especially when there's a scary atmosphere to the movie, and I find it even more amusing when I see terrible CGI. But, there is one thing I don't like- whether it's in the movies, or in real life.. in fact, I hate them so much, even if it's in a horror movie I can't look.. what the hell am I talking about? Let me give it to you straight: I fucking hate clowns. They scare the living shit out of me. Let me explain it for you. It all started when I was about 7 or 8. [give or take] and I was at the fair in the town I grew up in. [Bracebridge, Ontario!] and I saw one of those asshole clowns.. He was making balloon animals, and giggling- you know; classic clown stuff. It wasn't until I walked up and asked him why clowns all act the same. The guy decided to lean in all nice and creepy [as always] and told me these words 'Kid, we smile because in the past, we did something; something we're not exactly proud of. So we keep ourselves smiling, hoping we can forget the wrong we have done. ' ...maybe it's just me, but I don't exactly think that's how you're suppose talk to a kid at the fair. It scared me, and in fact I still think of this time to this day.. [and not in a good way.] I watch horror movies like nothing, I am safe in claiming I am a gorehound as their so politely called, but Clowns- they just upset me. Even in the movies such as Stephen King's IT. I saw it over at a friend's [whom I no longer speak to], and I was far from impressed. I won't lie, I enjoyed the story.. it was well written and I am a fan of Stephen King's. However, when IT became the clown, Pennywise.. I felt like I wanted to die. I couldn't even finish the movie. [I hid under blankets, and figured it'd just go away] Thankfully however, I've seen the whole movie since then; and I still enjoy it. But never again, will I trust a clown..



[Above: Pennywise- Stephen King's IT.]
----------------------------
I guess it's just the idea of clowns over all, especially after that situation I went through with having to deal with one and what it said to me.. I still dislike them to the fullest degree [my sister was in a play and actually had to warn me that there was clowns in it.. even though they were just dolls, I didn't really enjoy them on stage.] There are some clown exceptions however, and those are from some of my more favorite movies. These clowns include the following:


Captain Spaulding from House Of 1000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects
----------------------------
The Joker from Batman/The Dark Knight
----------------------------
aaaaaaaaaaaand that's pretty much it for exceptions. So I'm just going to close off by saying clowns are scary as shit. I'm allowed to say that, because I had a bad experience with one once.. I realize that not all clowns are the same, but after that one experience, and then finding myself scared shitless of IT.. I'm officially DONE with clowns..

No comments:

Post a Comment