Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Movie box set of the day: The Harry Potter Wizard Collection.

I can't believe I'm going to say this- [mainly because I'm about to sound like a major hypocrite..] but I know that it's a really bad idea to buy a series of movies on DVD or Blu-ray one at a time, mainly because as soon the series is done, stores are going to try and make even more profit by selling a major box set with all the movies for less than all the DVDs had cost individually. Here's where I sound like the hypocrite- Growing up, [hell, I still love these films regardless of age..] I could watch Harry Potter like nothing was wrong.. I could lie in bed, and watch the first 2 or 3 one after the other and not even realize that I'm still going. Unfortunately, [and I still have a terrible habit of it] every time a new chapter in the world of Harry Potter came out [as in every time a new Potter film hit store shelves..] I'd have to go and buy it that day. I got a thousand warnings about how by the end of the series there would be an amazing set that I should just wait for- but I wasn't one to care. I mean, it's Harry fucking Potter! I'd have to be crazy to wait for the end of the series just to watch it at home! [I wasn't about to wait for 5 more movies to come to theaters and then also wait for them on DVD.. that's just crazy talk!] Now, the Harry Potter movies are over, I own them all on DVD, and until now- I was quite proud of myself. However, it seems that all those warnings came true. Wait.. what am I talking about? See below:



Harry-Potter-Box-Set-2.jpg

[wait... so what is it?]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're looking at the 31-disc Harry Potter Wizards Collection, which contains all 8 movies on Blu-ray, DVD, Ultraviolet digital, and so much more from Amazon. This crazy set alone has the following contents:


  • 31 discs, inclusive of all content ever previously released, in addition to over 5 hours of never before seen special features, in a limited and numbered edition.

  • 18 movie discs

  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone [Theatrical Version and Extended Cut]

  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets [Theatrical Version and Extended Cut]

  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 [both 2D and 3D Versions of the film]

  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 [both 2D and 3D Versions of the film]

  • 13 Special feature discs

  • Includes multiple specially-produced, collectable memorabilia items, including concept art, a Map of Hogwarts and much more!
*Remember- that's just what's been announced so far, and it doesn't even mention the crazy trunk packaging!*

Amazon has it on pre-order at a slightly reasonable price of $350. However, the only release date the set has is 2012, so you still got time to save up for this insane box set for the Potterhead in the family !

No comments:

Post a Comment